1. Benny Fielhaber has been our best player. MoM vs Colorado and San Jose. Cannot believe there were so many in the anti-Benny brigade last season! He will make the World Cup squad. FFS, the man is WC-caliber. Please no more anti-Benny comments this season if he has an off game or two (as all players have).
2. Same for Collins: please no more anti-Collins commentary like we saw/heard briefly last season (810 radio anyone recall?).... I could make the argument that he is as good as Besler at CB (but won't, I like them both!). If he hasn't proven he is one of the best CBs in MLS by now, then you just don't know the game!
3. Zizzo has done well thus far, and while I'd like PV to keep him up front, he may need to start at RB if Chance is not available, because....
4. Kevin Ellis just isn't good enough for this level, yet. Ellis' performances have been timid, safe, and uninspiring. He hasn't once beat his man down the flank offensively, isn't strong defensively, and hasn't learned good positional sense (e.g., watch Sinovic son, watch the way he makes runs without the ball). PV is expecting too much from a young player. He should be loaned out and hopefully can come back a much better, more seasoned player.
5. Kronberg has had some great saves, but his ball handling looked a bit shaky a few times in Denver. Still deserves the top spot now, but PV should also give Greunebaum a chance to compete for the top spot.
6. I'm dying to see Dovale. Please PV, start Dovale vs Real SL. Maybe at RB instead of Ellis???
7. I'm worried about depth... We really suffer when Sinovic or Myers miss a game. If Besler, Zusi, and Benny all make the WC squad, we should be OK UNLESS we get hit with injuries.