Sporting Kansas City have been wheeling and dealing so far this off season. For those who haven't been able to follow the flurry of off season moves, here's a quick recap:
- 11/21/2011- Sporting Kansas City trade forward Ryan Smith to Chivas USA for first and third round picks in this year's supplemental draft.
- 11/23/2011- Sporting Kansas City waive Jeferson, Craig Rocastle, Milos Stojcev, and Scott Lorenz.
- 11/23/2011- Left back Seth Sinovic selected by the Montreal Impact in the MLS Expansion Draft.
- 11/28/2011- Sporting KC acquire MF Paulo Nagamura from Chivas USA.
- 11/28/2011- Montreal trade Seth Sinovic back to KC for Davy Arnaud and allocation money.
- 11/28/2011- Sporting KC 2011 MVP Jimmy Nielsen signs an extension with the club until 2013, with a option for 2014 as well.
- 11/29/2011- Sporting KC assistant coach Octavio Zambrano leaves KC to coach Deportivo Pereria.
As you can see, there's been a lot going on with the club since the season ended. We also know that Sporting is looking to bring in another designated player during the January transfer window.
Now, according to Sporting KC CEO Robb Heineman, it's looks like a deal is in place to bring in yet another player to shore up the 2012 roster. Via Heineman's twitter:
Subject to one approval, another good player for US tomorrow #sportingoffseasonmoveson
One thing I've learned this off season is that it's probably best not to make predictions on who these players could be. I've been wrong about a few of my guesses in regards to Sporting's off season moves,so I'l refrain from going out on a limb and trying to make too much of a prediction, however center back depth and help on the wings would make sense.