The US Open Cup quarterfinal pairings are out, revealing a tough road ahead for Sporting Kansas City should they defeat Portland tomorrow.
In two weeks, Sporting Kansas City would play the winner of the San Jose Earthquakes and Seattle Sounders FC match on the road. If they play in Seattle, it would be at Starfire Sports Complex on July 9th. Should they play San Jose, it would be at Buck Shaw Stadium at a date to be determined, but likely July 9th given Sporting KC's Sunday league match.
This fixture would come between a July 6th home match against the Chicago Fire, which is a Sunday afternoon game, and a Saturday, July 12th match in Montreal. This would involve three matches in three different time zones for Sporting KC in one week.
Here is the full potential fixture list for the quarterfinals, from USSoccer.com.
Sporting Kansas City faces off against the Portland Timbers tomorrow at 7:30 central, while Seattle and San Jose get underway at 9:30 pm central. Here's the full 5th round fixture list, once again from USSoccer.com.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Three Questions with Stumptown Footy
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Day 12: Netherlands vs. Chile, Spain vs. Australia, Mexico vs. Croatia, Brazil vs. Cameroon Match Threads
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Day 11: Belgium vs. Russia, South Korea vs. Algeria, Portugal vs. The United States of America
- Blues break through late, defeat Chicago Red Stars 1-0.
- Preview: FC Kansas City faces midwest rival Chicago Red Stars