You live by the stoppage time goal; you die by the stoppage time goal. Sporting Kansas City was unable to break the Galaxy's home unbeaten streak Saturday when Omar Gonzalez's late goal, officially listed as occurring at 90+4 stole the win for the home team. Gonzalez flicked the late corner kick towards goal. With Luis Marin diving to his right, the ball deflected off of Bernardo Anor the other way for the goal.
"It's not good. You work too hard, put too much time in to walk off the field that way," Vermes said after the match.
It was a reversal from earlier this month when Sporting Kansas City snatched a win at home with two stoppage time goals on the stunned Philadelphia Union.
The first half ended in a draw after Baggio Husidic and Krisztian Nemeth traded goals. Husidic's goal came after Marin deflected Stefan Ishizaki's shot right to Husidic at the back post.
Nemeth's goal was a product of beautiful passing in the box when Dwyer cut and delivered an entry and slid the ball to Feilhaber in the middle of the box. Feilhaber one-timed a pass for Nemeth. The shot was chipped over the keeper to even the match.
- Kevin Ellis replaced the injured Ike Opara at center back
- Graham Zusi made his first start after being out for a couple matches.
- Marcel de Jong created several chances, including a shot that deflected off the post
- The Galaxy extended their home unbeaten streak to 26
- Ellis (tied with LA's Bradford Jamieson IV) led all players in Saturday's match with 11 duels won.
- Ellis also led all players with eight aerial duels won and 11 clearances on Saturday.
- Ellis led all starters with 86.49% passing accuracy on Saturday.