clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

The Blue Links: March 25th, 2016

Swope Park Rangers prepare for their first game on Saturday, anonymous MLS player poll was very revealing, and its a big day for the USMNT

Peter G. Aiken-USA TODAY Sports

The weeks without SKC games make me wonder what the hell it is that I do with myself during the whole off season. But thankfully, the Rangers are here.

We're ready ⚽️

A photo posted by Swope Park Rangers (@swopeparkrangers) on

Thad has the preview and everything you need to know about the squad before the inaugural game on Saturday.

2016 USL Western Conference Preview: Meet the Swope Park Rangers opponents | Sporting Kansas City

Gameday info HERE.

Another KC kid captains KC team

Christian Duke named captain of Swope Park Rangers

Sporting KC on top of the league

MLS Power Rankings, Week 3: Sporting secure No. 1 spot after perfect start | MLSsoccer.com

MLS Standings Week 3: Sporting KC top the West and Supporter's Shield table

Now a moment to enjoy the pointless Seattle Sounders

What's wrong with the Seattle Sounders? - ESPN FC

- The field, the fans, and all of their stupid faces.

Sounders sign World Cup veteran Herculez Gomez - Sounder At Heart

- Because they really need something.

ICYMI... ESPN released a very interesting MLS player poll

2016 MLS anonymous player poll - ESPN FC

- 65% said Yes Jurgen Klinsmann gives MLS players a chance

- Player salaries were the one thing most players said they would change at 44%. Next was Free Agency at 17%.

- 66% said they would leave for Europe if they had the chance (25% No; 9% Not sure)

- 55% said signing of stars past their prime HELPs the league (21% said it HURT; 24% depends on player).

- 42% said Portland was most intimidating atmosphere. Sporting KC were 2nd at 28%

67% of players say an MLS team would survive the Premier League. Are they right?

Beckham is inching closer to his team

Miami Beckham United acquires land needed for new Miami soccer stadium | MLSsoccer.com

US Men's National Team

Colombia U23 v United States U23 at 4pm on FS1

USMNT v Guatemala at 9pm on BeIn Sports

US will platoon Tim Howard Brad Guzan in goal vs Guatemala - ESPN FC

Who do you want starting at left back for US national team vs. Guatemala? | MLSsoccer.com

Dortmund's Christian Pulisic could join senior USMNT for qualifier | MLSsoccer.com

No Other Club

The Kansas City Cauldron: Building something big | Sporting Kansas City

- Great look at the Cauldron all the way back to the Mystics

KC Cauldron Part 2: A new generation in Children's Mercy Park | Sporting Kansas City