Latif Blessing was taken as the second pick by Los Angeles FC in the 2017 MLS Expansion Draft. LAFC head coach Bob Bradley selected Blessing from Sporting Kansas City.
Blessing came to Sporting KC in 2017 from Ghana where he lead their league in scoring. The 20-year-old forward scored three times in league play but came up big scoring three times in U.S. Open Cup play including the big go-ahead goal in the final.
While LAFC made it sound like they wanted all of the players they drafted, do not be surprised if they trade them on to other teams or even back to their original squads.
1. Tyler Miller Goalkeeper — Drafted from Seattle Sounders
2. Latif Blessing Forward — Drafted from Sporting Kansas City
3. Marco Ureña Forward — Drafted from San Jose Earthquakes
4. Jukka Raitala Defender — Drafted from Columbus Crew SC
5. Raheem Edwards Defender/Midfielder — Drafted from Toronto FC