Meant to post this a couple days ago but though, it would be a good last look at the previous game before we move onto the next match.
For comparison, the Audi index and the ratings from Whoscored.com are included with the fan vote.
Some interesting points:
- Felipe Gutierrez was not only the highest ranked Sporting Kansas City player in the fan vote, he was number one player in both of the other ratings. He was also rated higher than anyone on New York City FC as well.
- Daniel Salloi impressed in the fan vote (2nd) but was lower in the Audi index (7th) and even lower in the Whos Scored ratings (12th). Presumably, fans saw great potential in the second half substitute but the ratings counted stats and he just did not have enough time to rack up the touches.
- Cristian Lobato is almost the opposite. Fans were unimpressed (13th) with a 4.74 average, while Audio rated him 8th and Who Scored at 4th. Lobato’s recovery to perhaps save a goal in the waning moments of the first half was perhaps the play of the game.
- Yohan Croizet was often criticized online but fans vote averaged him 5th for SKC while both Audi and Who Scored ranked him the 3rd best performance.
- The only player other than Felipe Gutierrez where all three ratings agreed was Diego Rubio. His contributions rated 14th across the board but perhaps his contributions were not measurable?
Not in the spreadsheet above:
Fans vote average for Peter Vermes was 4.92 and the referees came in with an abysmal 4.08.