Good morning. Here’s the news for today.
- WELL THAT OPENING MATCH WAS NOT IDEAL. Here’s our recap of Sporting KC’s opening night loss to New York City FC.
- (Kansas City Star) After re-tooling its offense, Sporting KC shut out in 2018 season opener
- Yesterday’s TIFO from the Cauldron was pretty neat though.
The tifo from @KCCauldron #SKCvNYC pic.twitter.com/kfSqLUYfO6— Chad Smith (@PlayFor90) March 5, 2018
- (Sporting KC) Over the weekend Sporting KC signed their first-ever eMLS player, adding to the youth revival of the team. Probably.
- (ESPN) Morales, Medina make their mark in NYCFC’s win over Sporting KC
Around the League
- (Angels on Parade) Los Angeles FC won their first ever match with a 1-0 result in Seattle.
Check out all the match reports from this weekend here.
- (Goal.com) Following a 4-0 loss, a brutal wake-up call for Atlanta in 2018.
- (MLS) How a new Homegrown transfer rule will impact MLS.
- (Netflix) Netflix produced a new show featuring a fictional MLS team in Montreal.
- (The Score) Crew show they will go down fighting - if only owners had similar resolve.
Around the City
- (Royals Review) Dayton Moore doesn’t rule out a Moustakas reunion, but is unwilling to do a long-term deal
- (Arrowhead Pride) What life after Marcus Peters might look like.
- (Rock M Nation) Michael Porter Jr. eyes SEC Tournament return
- (Rock Chalk Talk) In their regular season finale, the Jayhawks were crushed by Oklahoma State.
- (Bring on the Cats) The Wildcats, on the other hand, are headed to the Big XII tournament on a winning note.
Czechanos AC won the weekend with 93 points. Join our MLS Fantasy League here and check out the full standings here.