Good morning and happy Monday. Here’s the news for today.
Around the Club
- (The Blue Testament) Bar None: Sporting KC defeats LA Galaxy 2-0
- (Kansas City Star) Sporting KC spoils Zlatan’s second outing, stretches unbeaten streak to five
- (Los Angeles Times) Galaxy can’t rally against Sporting Kansas City and fall 2-0
- (USL) Kharlton Belmar scored again as the Rangers drew 1-1 with San Antonio FC
- (Kansas City Star) Former Olathe East Star Haley Hanson made her USWNT debut on Sunday.
Around the League
- (Los Angeles Times) How a difficult childhood helped create Zlatan Ibrahimovic the soccer god
- (Indianapolis Monthly) Despite running a successful team, Indy Eleven’s owner is losing money
- (Cincinnati Business Journal) FC Cincinnati and the city have struck a stadium deal for the facility to be built on the West End.
- (ESPN FC) Justin Meram opens up about playing for Iraq
- (Columbus Dispatch) Columbus blazing its own parallel path in effort to save Crew
Around the City
- (Royals Review) The bullpen falters again as the Royals lost Sunday against Cleveland
- (Rock M Nation) Mizzou’s pro-style shift will only work if the personnel can handle it
- (Bring on the Cats) Wildcats’ men’s basketball landed JuCo recruit Austin Trice
- (Rock Chalk Talk) Lagerald Vick is declaring for the NBA Draft without an agent
- (Arrowhead Pride) Chiefs need competition for the No. 2 tight end job