Good morning and happy Monday. Sporting Kansas City are top of the West. Here’s what else you need to know today.
Around the Club
- (The Blue Testament) Fresh Sporting KC blood puts four on Loons
- (Kansas City Star) Youngster’s first MLS goal keys united Sporting KC attack vs. Minnesota
- (Pro Referees) Official PRO statement regarding SKC and CLB missed red card
- (Sporting KC) Academy midfielder Cameron Duke to join U.S. U-18 MNT for training camp at Pinnacle
- (St. Louis Post-Dispatch) STLFC ends six-game skid with 2-0 win over Swope Park Rangers
Around the World
- (Pro Soccer USA) David Beckham has days to pay county nearly $1 million for stadium land. Will he?
- (The Guardian) Fifa report favours North America’s 2026 World Cup bid over ‘high risk’ Morocco
- (Yahoo) How growth spurt, unorthodox path molded Keaton Parks into USMNT’s ‘Busquets with goals’
- (The Score) True colors: Crew’s Josh Williams does ‘not want the team to go anywhere’
- (Steven Goff) “From FIFA’s bid evaluation report, highest-rated stadium proposals in North American package: 1. Denver 2. (tie) Miami 2. (tie) Houston 2. (tie) Santa Clara Lowest: Mexico City, LA, NY/NJ, Toronto”
- (Dan Lauletta) NWSL is close to announcing an expanded TV rights arrangement. Looks like a few Lifetime games could shift to an ESPN network.
- (Austin Monitor) Austin: Survey finds soccer stadium concerns; alternative development proposals on tap
- (Stars and Stripes FC) USA v. Ireland: What we Learned
- (The Athletic) Why the United States still struggles to produce true No. 10s
- (ESPN FC) The New Hooligans of Russia
Around the City
- (Royals Review) A’s bury Royals late in 5-1 loss
- (Arrowhead Pride) Why Travis Kelce is the mismatch that makes the Chiefs’ offense tick
- (Bring on the Cats) 90 DAYS TO 2018 KICKOFF: Bronson Massie
- (Rock M Nation) Mizzou’s defense had a strange relationship with penalties in 2017
- (Rock Chalk Talk) 90 Days Until Kansas Football: What if KU was in the MAC?