Good morning and Happy Monday. Sporting Kansas City are still on top of the West (somehow). Here’s what else you need to know today.
Around the Club
- (The Blue Testament) Sporting Kansas City blocked by Impact in 2-0 loss
- (Kansas City Star) Montreal pitches shut out, ends Sporting KC’s nine-game unbeaten streak
- (CBC) Impact blank West-leading Sporting KC for 3rd straight win
- (MLS) You Make the Call: Did Sporting Kansas City deserve an early penalty kick?
Around the League
- (ESPN FC) Wayne Rooney to D.C. United: MLS still a retirement league for stars on the wane (editor’s note: THIS IS A BAD TAKE)
- (Angels on Parade) LAFC forward Adama Diomande has started life in MLS in blistering form
- (MLS) Report: New England Revolution still bidding for Bojan Krkic
71,932. The biggest soccer crowd in the world today.— Atlanta United FC (@ATLUTD) July 1, 2018
We are here.
We are rowdy.
We are proud. pic.twitter.com/S24wdDgIBq
- (Video) Tim Howard fakes out the fans at BC Place
Referee designations FWC 2018 Match 56: #COL #ENG (03 July):— FIFA Media (@fifamedia) July 1, 2018
(Round of 16)
Referee: Mark GEIGER (USA)
ASR 1: Joe FLETCHER (CAN)
ASR 2: Frank ANDERSON (USA)
4th Off. Matthew CONGER (NZL)
Res.Ass. Simon LOUNT (NZL)@FIFAWorldCup pic.twitter.com/Qcs3egrEYH
- (E Pluribus Loonum) “I didn’t know it was going to be that big:” Collin Martin reflects on coming out as gay
- (Sounder at Heart) Sounders complete Raúl Ruidíaz transfer
- (SB Nation) 3 reasons Wayne Rooney to D.C. United won’t work out
Around the City
- (Royals Review) Brad Keller is brilliant in complete game 1-0 loss to the Mariners
- (Arrowhead Pride) Andy Reid likens Patrick Mahomes to Brett Favre, too
- (Rock M Nation) Mizzou didn’t attack the rim much, but when the Tigers did, here’s how they did it
- (Rock Chalk Talk) Podcast - AD qualities and Hypeability
- (Bring on the Cats) 62 DAYS TO 2018 KICKOFF: Tyler Mitchell