All the best, most important stories that you may have missed.
- First, I have to be self-serving. Go read my preview of SKC versus Los Angeles Football Club. The game is Saturday and I’m traveling to LA to take in Banc of California Stadium first hand. (The Blue Testament)
- Lots of good coverage from Sports Radio 810 WHB this week around Sporting Kansas City. First, the Sporting KC Show featured Krisztian Nemeth and Gianluca Busio. (810 WHB)
- The KC Star’s Sam McDowell drops by The Program and drops lots of good nuggets. Nemeth’s deal runs through 2019 and he said they are working on a new contract already. Matt Besler has an offer on the table. (810 WHB)
- Matt Besler does his usual appearance on The Border Patrol. (810 WHB)
- The Shades of Blue Soccer Show (featuring TBT writer’s Cody, Aly and Thad) covers all the happenings of the week from Nemeth, to Fontas and of course plenty of time was spent trashing Alberth Elis and the Dynamo. (TBT)
- No Other Pod covers the Nemeth trade, the Houston Dynamo game and more (NOP)
- The Talkin Touches crew giving their take on the week’s news. (TT)
- Ilie Sanchez put together a playlist for Spotify. In the interview he says Pep Guardiola use to play Coldplay when they were at Barcelona together and that he’s randomly seen them live with his Mom. (MLS)
- Matt Doyle asks one big question about each MLS team. Sporting’s of course, is about Nemeth. (MLS)
- 15-year-old SKC Academy forward Tyler Freeman scored for the US U-17 National Team. (SKC)
MLS Transfer Window Round-Up
- Lots of transactions across Major League Soccer this week. We covered a ton on Wednesday but there was another whole day of transactions. (The Blue Testament)
- Former SKC man Kevin Ellis and Tony Tchani were both released from the Chicago Fire. (Fire)
- Jorge Villafana is headed back to the Portland Timbers from Liga MX. The LA Galaxy facilitated the deal giving up their number one spot in the allocation order. (MLS)
- The Montreal Impact are really going for it with a series of moves. They signed former Arsenal and Manchester City man Bacary Sanga to play right back. (MLS)
- The Impact also traded for Micheal Azira from the Rapids for a 2020 4th round pick.
- Finally, Montreal sent Dominic Oduro (who has barely stepped on the field) to the San Jose Earthquakes in exchange for Quincy Amarikwa. No huge signings perse, but solid additions to help them make a playoff run. (MLS)
- Bill Hamid has been loaned back to D.C. United for 18 months after leaving for Europe less than a year ago. Hamid has mostly been limited to a reserve role. (MLS)
- Toronto FC are trying to recover from their horrific 2018 start by adding 23-year-old Lucas Janson, an attacking player who can play wide, centrally or even in the attacking midfield. (MLS)
- The Vancouver Whitecaps released attacker Bernie Ibini so he could sign abroad. (Whitecaps)
- NYCFC add midfielder Daniel Bedoya from their PDL team, the Long Island Rough Riders. (MLS)
- Here is a full-tracker for all the deadline day deals, even the ones that appear to be coming in past the deadline.