All the KC and soccer links you need.
- Johnny Russell needs your help to get on the alternate FIFA 19 cover. GO VOTE!
- Paul Tenorio breaks down Peter Vermes, Jesse Marsch and Greg Berhalter as possible United States National Team coaches. (The Athletic)
- Ives Galarcep talks US Soccer and MLS with Nate and Carter on the Sporting KC Show. (SKC)
- No Other Pod is “FONTAStic.” Their pun. (NOP)
- The boys (and girl) are back together for a Shades of Blue Soccer Show to discuss Orlando, San Jose, US Soccer and more. (The Blue Testament)
- Could Peter Vermes be the millennial whisperer? (MLS)
- The Athletic ranks all 23 MLS Academies. Sporting KC land in 12th but the story really focuses on guys already on first team contracts outside of Cameron Duke. (The Athletic)
- Kuzain won USL Goal of the Month. Adrian Zendejas is up for Save of the Week. And Graham Smith is on the USL Team of the Week. Good stuff from the SKC loanees. (SKC)
- 15-year-old Mitchell Ferguson becomes the latest SKC Academy player to join the United States youth national team. He’ll represent the U-16 team for a camp in Florida. (SKC)
- Speaking of the Academy, SKC’s U-15 and U-19 teams beat FC Dallas’ teams on Saturday at Children’s Mercy Park. (SKC)
- In a bit of a wonky but valuable piece, Paul Tenorio looks at how MLS could reevaluate their roster rules. (The Athletic)
- Sporting Kansas City take us Behind the Shield for the Orlando victory on Saturday and a look at the Red Card program against bullying. (SKC YouTube)
- Jaylin Lindsey is already making girls dreams come true.
About a week ago, Sarah asked @JaylinLindsey of @SportingKC to homecoming. Unfortunately he has a game, but he was super nice and stopped by the house tonight to see Sarah. She was very surprised and will be a fan for life. Thanks for everything Jaylin!! pic.twitter.com/iqN35WgTUE— Teresa Proberts (@ProbertsTeresa) September 12, 2018
- Kuzain is the latest player to go riding with Nate on Drive Time. (SKC Twitter)
- If my arms looked like Ilie’s I’d never wear sleeves. Just sayin’. (SKC Twitter)