Up until now you’ve been stuck with my tweets or recaps as opposed to actually seeing Sporting Kansas City in motion with your own eyes. Quietly last week Sporting KC put out highlights of the game against Phoenix Rising FC’s trialists (video embedded below). They have six of the seven goals on video for your viewing pleasure. The only goal missing is goal five from Wilson Harris (his first on the day) and that could be because they scored under a minute after coming on.
If that wasn’t enough for you, The Blue Testament has six and a half extra observations from that game and a full seven observations from the game before that. Be sure to keep up with all our 2019 preseason coverage.
- Peter Vermes on Ike Opara, Krisztian Nemeth, Botond Borath, Homegrown signings and winning MLS Sporting Executive of the Year. The sideways capped Vermes was caught up with after the 7-0 win.
- Also after that game Kelyn Rowe spoke to The Blue Testament on a multitude of subjects.
- After the first preseason win, a 4-0 game over Sporting AZ, TBT caught up with Ilie Sanchez, Wilson Harris and 16-year-old rookie Tyler Freeman.
- TBT also had a story on the Homegrown stars of tomorrow. The answer was ‘yes’ but we still aren’t sure what the question was.
- TBT interview Peter Vermes after the first preseason game as well, most notable hearing that a new acquisition will more likely be “more around the summer window or next season.”
- TBT also interviewed all three 2019 MLS SuperDraft picks fresh of their debuts in the desert.
- Plus dreaded injury updates from preseason, though to be fair, most of these injuries have since been resolved, with the exception of Opara and Jimmy Medranda.
- Here is a deeper look at the Medranda injury update.
- Plus our original follow-up on the rumored #9 signing.
- We also brought you hard hitting coverage on the numbers players will be wearing on their new kits (though unfortunately, not the new kits themselves).
- We have a primer on trialist Daniel Johnson who has exclusively lined up at winger in both preseason games for SKC.
- Via phone interview, Peter Vermes shot down the rumors started by Taylor Twellman that Gianluca Busio would be on the move.