Good morning and happy Monday. I hope you are all having a great holiday season. Here’s what you need to know today.
- Sporting KC: Analzying 2020 schedule problems
- Still Outlawed By England And UEFA, Safe Standing Gains Foothold In MLS.
- Jürgen Klopp Hails “Wonderful Night” as Liverpool Win the Club World Cup
- MLS teams may soon meet the likes of Liverpool at expanded 2021 Club World Cup. In other news, moving the Club World Cup every four years remains a stupid decision.
- Portland Timbers re-sign goalkeeper Steve Clark
- Soccer Is the Future of Sports in America, as it has been for 80 years
- Chicago Fire FC Names Georg Heitz Sporting Director, now they only need an everything else
- Including fans, apparently, as “Chicago Fire have sold less than 6000 season tickets (counting deposits) for 2020. Only Nashville and New England have fewer.”
- Indy Eleven stadium looks unrealistic as MLS expands to Charlotte
- Manchester City complain to Premier League over clogged-up Christmas schedule
- The USL has a ballpark problem. The key to succeeding at a ballpark is to be fun, well done.
- Despite the change in the Open Cup schedule, most NPSL and USL League Two teams are still entering the 2020 US Open Cup.
- Zidane has turned things around at Real Madrid
- Statement from Louisville City FC President Brad Estes on the Recent Rebrand (@Chicago)
- Hansi Flick will remain in charge of Bayern until the end of the season.