Sporting Kansas City wrapped up their 2019 preseason with a set of games against the Houston Dynamo on Wednesday. Those games included a 4-1 beating from Sporting as well as a 1-1 draw between the backups.
The Blue Testament caught up with head coach and technical director Peter Vermes one more time on the heels of the split squad games ending. Vermes gave his thoughts on a range of topics in a quick interview.
- Vermes gives an update on Daniel Salloi. He picked up a minor groin injury but he was a full participant in his own practice session on Wednesday and Vermes indicated he would be fully available against Toluca FC.
- We also asked about Salloi’s green card status. Vermes had no new information, despite the report that Salloi didn’t join the Hungarian National Team all the way back in May of 2018 because he was in “the final process” of getting his green card.
- Peter also talks about the final preseason game against Houston as well as what happened on the lone goal the team gave up on an Ilie Sanchez giveaway.
- TBT received a minor update on new center back Abdul Rwatubyaye, though not much has changed since the last time.
- And finally we had to ask one more time if Sporting KC had any signings in the offing. In a typical response, there was no news on that front.