The fifth annual She Believes Cup will get started on Thursday, March 5th as the United States take on England and Spain takes on Japan. Spain is a first time participant in the tournament but England are mainstays and Japan participated in 2019.
New United States Women’s National Team head coach Vlatko Andonovski and his team are coming off a successful Olympic qualifying tournament where they moved confidently through the CONCACAF region defeating Haiti, Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico and finally Canada.
How to Watch or Stream
This years games can be seen on the ESPN family of networks including: ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPNews. The Spanish language broadcast will be on TUDN, formerly known as Univision Deportes Network. The games can be streamed online with an appropriate login through the Watch ESPN app or ESPN3.com.
Thursday, March 5, 2020 (Exploria Stadium - Orlando, Florida)
- Spain vs. Japan - 3:15 PM CT
- USA vs. England - 6:00 PM CT (ESPN 2, TUDN)
Sunday, March 8, 2020 (Red Bull Arena - Harrison, New Jersey)
- Japan vs. England - 1:15 PM CT
- USA vs. Spain - 4:00 PM CT (ESPN, TUDN)
Wednesday, March 11, 2020 (Toyota Stadium - Frisco, Texas)
- England vs. Spain - 3:15 PM CT
- USA vs. Japan - 6:00 PM CT (ESPNews, TUDN)
SheBelieves Cup History
- 2019: England won after drawing the United States. The US finished second after beating Brazil by tying Japan.
- 2018: The United States won on the backs of wins over Germany and England and a tie against France.
- 2017: The US finished dead last. They beat Germany but lost to England and France. France ultimately won the tournament, Germany was second and England was third.
- 2016: The US won as they defeated Germany, France and England.
USWNT 2020 SHEBELIEVES CUP ROSTER (CLUB; CAPS/GOALS)
Here is the full roster courtesy of USSoccer.com:
DEFENDERS (8): 7-Abby Dahlkemper (North Carolina Courage; 58/0), 12-Tierna Davidson (Chicago Red Stars; 25/1), 19-Crystal Dunn (North Carolina Courage; 101/24), 11-Ali Krieger (Orlando Pride; 107/1), 5-Kelley O’Hara (Utah Royals FC; 129/2), 4-Becky Sauerbrunn (Utah Royals FC; 174/0), 20-Casey Short (Chicago Red Stars; 31/0), 14-Emily Sonnett (Orlando Pride; 44/0)
MIDFIELDERS (5): 8-Julie Ertz (Chicago Red Stars; 99/19), 9-Lindsey Horan (Portland Thorns FC; 83/18), 16-Rose Lavelle (Washington Spirit; 42/12), 3-Samantha Mewis (North Carolina Courage; 64/18), 6-Andi Sullivan (Washington Spirit; 16/0)
FORWARDS (7): 17-Tobin Heath (Portland Thorns FC; 165;33), 10-Carli Lloyd (Sky Blue FC; 291/122), 22-Jessica McDonald (North Carolina Courage; 17/4), 23-Christen Press (Utah Royals FC; 134/56), 2-Mallory Pugh (Sky Blue FC; 62/18), 15-Megan Rapinoe (Reign FC; 165/51), 13-Lynn Williams (North Carolina Courage; 25/9)