With the start of the 2021 Challenge Cup, KC NWSL released its 28-player roster. The roster features seven players returning to Kansas City after playing the last three seasons in Utah, including Amy Rodriguez, who will wear the captain’s armband, Nicole Barnhart, Katie Bowen, Sydney Miramontez, Lo’eau LaBonta, Desiree Scott, and Brittany Ratcliffe.
The roster also includes 2021 NWSL College Draft picks Addie McCain and Victoria Pickett.
Kansas City 2021 NWSL Challenge Cup presented by Secret roster:
Goalkeepers (3): Nicole Barnhart, Carly Nelson, Abby Smith
Defenders (8): Elizabeth Ball, Katie Bowen, Rachel Corsie, Kate Del Fava, Taylor Leach, Michelle Maemone, Sydney Miramontez, Kristen Edmonds
Midfielder (10): Lo’eau LaBonta, Chloe Logarzo, Diana Matheson (ALL-CAN), Addie McCain (CDP), Ashley Nick, Victoria Pickett (CDP), Desiree Scott (ALL-CAN), Maddie Nolf, Gaby Vincent, Jordyn Listro
Forwards (7):, Darian Jenkins, Jaycie Johnson, Mariana Larroquette, Brittany Ratcliffe, Amy Rodriguez, Raisa Strom-Okimoto, Michele Vasconcelos.
CDP – 2021 NWSL College Draft pick
ALL – 2021 AllocatedPlayer
- Midfielders Scott (CAN), Jordyn Listro (CAN) and forward Mariana Larroquette (ARG) will miss the opening match of the tournament due to international duty. KC travels to the pacific northwest to face Portland Thorns FC.
- Forward Arielle Shipp suffered an injury early in preseason and has been placed on the Disabled List.
- Forward Mallory Weber is currently on loan to Adelaide United of the Australian W-League.
- As of last week, there was no information on midfielder Diana Matheson’s injury.
- 18 players inherited from Utah remain on the roster.